Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Groupon tracking via TD?
02-20-2016, 03:37 AM
Is Groupon tracking via TD?
OK Ive started the thread

Im getting 100-120 clicks a day and very few sales. With TD you cant see the url the sale came from so I cant see whether the new feed is tracking.

Anyu views?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2016, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 11:05 AM by icodes.)
RE: Is Groupon tracking via TD?
The affiliate network tracking link is the same as it's always been. (That's nothing to do with the feed)
The deeplink is the same as it's always been. (We just had to extract it in a different way)

The only difference is the feed structure from groupon, and that's not relevant to tracking, the feed structure only effects the way we have to import the data into icodes.

The deeplink is the page of the deal, if the deeplink was wrong then it wouldn't link to the deal, simple as that.

If tracking for groupon isn't working, or hit and miss, then it always has been, the feed really isn't part of the equation if the links are resolving to the correct deal page containing your IDs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2016, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 11:43 AM by codesandoffers.)
Firstly the title should be 'Is Groupon Tracking?', it implies that it's an icodes fault. I agree with Lee that the 'new url' taken from Groupon's API version 2 was extracted to use the raw URL, then TD's tracking added to it. The end result can be checked on the TD platform.

I agree that Groupon doesn't appear to be rendering sales on both platforms but we don't know why, whether it be tracking or de-duping. Either way we need to know the reason.

It appears that both Merchants and Networks are in hiding since the change in the Performancin forum, it seems wrong, the forum was a third party vehicle to discuss possible problems.

A thread has been started on Performancin re the same problem, maybe we should invite them here to discuss whether there is a widespread problem.
02-20-2016, 12:21 PM
I've moved the thread to 'Merchant Chat' because it was oddly put in 'OiP Plugin and Theme'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2016, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 12:42 PM by wizardpc.)
Im getting sales but very few but I dont know the urls so cant see whether theyre from pre-new feed or not. There's no doubt the epc is down on what it was with awin. About 13-15p compared to about 24p (or something like that). But recently it's something like 2-4p - Id say something is up.

We know they didnt track to start with and they fixed that - perhaps we need top get them to take a look again.
02-20-2016, 12:45 PM
I actually think it's a de-duping procedure, every time that I test it on my account, it tracks. I have tried both platforms. There has only ever been me involved in those sales, so they track. I have looked at both authentication links and both platforms are correct.
02-20-2016, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 12:58 PM by wizardpc.)
So is it Groupon cheating affiliates or something else? Or were we getting too much commission before? The epc has dropped through the floor
Groupon in 2015 with awin epc £0.20

With TD pre Feb £0.13

Groupon Feb 0.10

But more worryingly last 2 weeks it's been around £0.02-4
02-20-2016, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 01:10 PM by codesandoffers.)
I agree 100% with the fact there are 'no sales' and it needs to be looked into, another reason may be that you have lost the top positions, it's nothing to do with seo., it's google moving round, most sales come from the icodes titles, to whoever is number one. I have sites in but use GPN the titles are different. This is the reason I would like the choice of network through icodes, but agree this would be more difficult for GPN due to it having a tracking link and a media link, one at each end of the raw URL.
02-20-2016, 01:28 PM
epc is what tells you though

you get the clicks when you're in the rankings - my clicks are pretty consistent
02-20-2016, 01:50 PM
I am on the first page for most of my sites, not all at once but I'm too low down, you have been number one up until recently. The cookie will be held on the first click, but the sale will go to the second, it must be the first click that shows. My clicks are down to virtually nothing now but I'm there.

I believe that too much is made of epc., GPN shows the refunds, that's becoming higher than the commissions paid. I was in a minus total last month, I am now at £10+ payment status.

They will all keep moving.. that's always happened