Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OiP Live
02-06-2016, 05:18 PM
OiP Live
We are currently working on a Live version of the official iCodes plugin, this will look just like the current version but will be zero maintenance, ie you won't have to import anything, delete expired or mess around with cron jobs, the API is used live so your site will always be 100% up to date.

Another advantage of this is that any changes made to your feed configuration will take effect on your website instantly without having to delete and re-import, and lastly there will no more annoying timeout issues!.

There is a 'half complete' demo running here.. http://vouchercodefeed.co.uk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2016, 01:25 AM
RE: OiP Live
Looking good

will be interesting to see how well these sites do
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2016, 01:38 AM
We have a newer version than what's in the demo site, i'll update it tomorrow to show you what we have so far.
02-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Would be nice to get the new plugin and this functionality working with other templates
02-07-2016, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 06:01 PM by icodes.)
When you say templates do you mean other themes.. or the template options we had in the older plugin?

The problem with getting it to work with other themes is now the plugin is more complex it needs a lot of the coding to be in the theme to achieve what it needs to do, the older plugin was very basic and just posted all the data in the 'post content', and so didn't need any extra theme coding to help it produce a working website
I've updated the demo site, it now goes to a single page, however the urls need tidying.
02-07-2016, 06:04 PM
yes I meant theme sorry.

I dont need any extra functionality apart from the live option.

Dont really need throbbing images or bespoke home pages.
02-07-2016, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 06:15 PM by icodes.)
It's not just that, the plugin basically just imports the data into the database and does very little else, the current LIVE site uses the same plugin and all the live part is completely handled by the theme.
When we release it the plugin will be identical but with the following removed.. Import, delete, crons.. and it will be left with Settings and Shortcodes. (so basically the plugin will be doing nothing other than a place to enter your settings and let you know what the shortcodes are)
02-07-2016, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 07:24 PM by wizardpc.)
what do you mean by shortcodes?

ha ha are we the only 2 here?

hold on a minute

how do you post on here without going to the forum?
02-07-2016, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 07:29 PM by icodes.)
You can't post directly on iCodes anymore, you have to post here and it will show on iCodes.

Regarding shortodes, here is a video tutorial showing you..

02-07-2016, 07:36 PM
ha ha I cant see that? Where's the commentary?