Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Astute Shopping
08-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Astute Shopping
Hi Lee, changes at names.co.uk meant that astuteshopping.com required a substantial amount of recoding in order to continue to function properly. I’m not really capable of do what is required and I don’t think the level of income that latterly has been generated justifies me paying a programmer so after much thought I’ve decided just to let the site go. I might try and sell the URL (I’ve got .com and .co.uk). I’ve also got comparebuyandsave (.com and .co.uk) if anyone is interested. Thanks for everything and good luck to you and everyone else going forward. Ian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2017, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017 11:02 PM by icodes.)
RE: Astute Shopping
Hi Ian, Yeah I noticed you aren't renewing your iCodes account, this actually saddened me because you have been one of the top VIP users, along with Barbara and Andrew.. Its just not the same without the chat discussions and arguments lol.

If we were not on names.co.uk ourselves I would have hosted it for you, if it helps justify getting your site up and running again I can continue your webservices account without charge... for old times sake :-)

Lee
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2017, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 08:38 PM by shrewdie.)
(08-05-2017 10:52 PM)icodes Wrote:  Hi Ian, Yeah I noticed you aren't renewing your iCodes account, this actually saddened me because you have been one of the top VIP users, along with Barbara and Andrew.. Its just not the same without the chat discussions and arguments lol.

If we were not on names.co.uk ourselves I would have hosted it for you, if it helps justify getting your site up and running again I can continue your webservices account without charge... for old times sake :-)

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your offer which is of course much appreciated. I’m of course loath give up on what has been a dream but even if I can regain my sites functionality the big sites are increasingly moving on, particularly with regard to tracking and capitalising on visitor behaviour etc. – my site was never that clever plus unfortunately I didn’t use social media nor have I really used the info I get from StatCounter. Also as far as I can tell I didn’t have many visitors using voucher codes and probably another mistake was the way I linked that to price comparisons. Your subscription is not an issue (and certainly worth much more than you charge) but provided my wife doesn’t find out, if you can keep the my feed live I will make further enquires to see if there is a possible way forward. Your new AdvertisingHub might not apply to me but it certainly looks like a winner.

Hosting with Names is paid untill mid 2018 so that;s not an issue.

Ian
08-06-2017, 09:10 PM
It is much harder now to compete as the big sites are more preferred by google than ever before, which obviously also impacts us massively, our business model was to provide a very cheap service so the vast majority of smaller affiliates could afford it.

Advertiserhub targets content affiliates (not voucher site affiliates), the idea is to give content affiliates a fighting chance over keeping sales from being lost to the big voucher affiliates without any more workload other than pasting a bit of JavaScript (they don't even need to register for god sake haha). As it's completely free there isn't anything to lose, so hoping this will get the ball rolling enough to enable us to monetise it another way. I have plenty more plans for it, but at this stage that's the basics :-)
08-10-2017, 01:52 PM
it's impossible to compete - there really doesn't seem any solution as far as I can tell. Affiliate window is also killing smaller affiliates - quite frankly I hope they go bust. Theyre appalling
08-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Awin are going on a buying spree, they have recently purchased Shareasale in the US and Affilinet. Maybe they are needing to buy out other networks to keep the same amount of business they are used to.
08-10-2017, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 03:41 PM by wizardpc.)
who knows

they switched shopwindow off without telling me - broke 2 of my sites

they've paid me a small amount of compensation having realised they didn't act very responsibly
just sent you something