Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fred!
03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Fred!
Did anyone else get the email from Edwyn at Awin? There was allegedly a new alogrithm like Panda, now called 'Fred'. Edwyn believes that my sites are amongst the 1.25% hit by it. He quoted 'Online Christmas Shops' as being thin and was only made to monetise. I think he was just trying to be helpful but I think that they should look closer to home.

Almost every day I am suspended from one program or another, to the extent that I don't apply for anything any more. Flubit Deals was a classic one, I was accepted for it, I used the Awin create-a-feed and it was crawled by Google. Lo and behold I was gone! I now concentrate on the other networks and have sites that are doing well.

I just wondered if anyone else got the email.

Barbara
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: Fred!
it's all much of a muchness.

I doubt my sites could go any lower
03-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Not noticed the email, just sounds like all the other sp called google updates, just designed to remove small affiliate sites to leave more money for the big players including google themselves.

We too get removed by merchants daily, mostly awin merchants, however CJ and Linkshare merchants just don't accept anyone in the first place... especially if you do not live in the US.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2017, 03:41 PM
what other networks are you concentrating on?
03-20-2017, 10:07 AM
(03-19-2017 03:41 PM)wizardpc Wrote:  what other networks are you concentrating on?

All of them really, webgains, tradedoubler, paidonresults and commission junction. There is more to life than Affiliate Windows. I think Lees idea, to do other countries is a good idea. I have done France, Spain, Belgium and Australia.

Barbara
03-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Well it will be a good idea if we can get people to run the other regions, it would be a full time job for them with a real income. Hopefully it wouldn't be another premium feed flop!.
03-23-2017, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 12:56 PM by codesandoffers.)
It is a good idea, maybe there would be others interested if they knew what it involved. I would be happy to have a go but just to be able to add another country to icodes so you could work out what be involved.

Barbara
03-24-2017, 09:55 AM
It's not going to be like helping adding deals to icodes UK or US, it would involve running it as your own company like a franchise.