Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I Being Spammed?
12-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Am I Being Spammed?
Over the last few days I have been adding some Premium Offers. Yesterday I looked at Idealo, a deal company who joined Affiliate Window, then disappeared. I had seen that it was on icodes and looked at it.
Shortly afterwards, I received an email from 'easyvoyage.com' asking if I needed any help in finding what I had been looking at on idealo. Today, I looked at 'icelolly.com' the same thing happened again from easyvoyage. Although I can see the connection on the latter, what was the connection to idealo?

Barbara
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: Am I Being Spammed?
Thats really odd, have you got any malware on your computer what is sending them info on visiting their site?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2016, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 07:40 PM by codesandoffers.)
I have had three emails, idealo, ice-lolly and wowcher all at easyvoyage.com. ice-lolly and Idealo, I clicked through icodes, incidentally, idealo are not 'live' yet.. wowcher, I clicked through a sale on affiliate window. I have checked my laptop for adware, it's clean.

The emails came through my address and they call me Barbara
12-21-2016, 09:21 PM
Maybe awin sold email data to them?, thats the only thing I can think of.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Just for interest.. the reply from Affilliate Window..
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’ve had a quick look at the below for you, this is a retargeting email sent to you by Criteo – a service that Wowcher are using to follow up with users of their website when they have been browsing products or offers. You must have been logged into your Wowcher account when browsing the website (which is why they have details like your name and email address). Even if you didn’t actively log in, cookies on your browser could have kept you logged in from a previous session.

If you would like more information there are a couple of links at the bottom of the email below that allow you to opt out of these promotional emails, and also a link which provides more information about why you have received them:

https://emailprivacy.criteo.com/gb/opt-o...1c138b6981

Although on this occasion the service Criteo is providing to Wowcher is not running via Affiliate Window, we do have similar businesses to Criteo operating through the network as publishers, helping to drive return visits to advertiser sites – although cookies from this activity are always “soft click” which means that they will never overwrite a “hard click” cookie, which is what we use for the majority of publishers.

Hope this answers the questions you had?

Thanks,

Adrian