Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! Plugin Error Message Displaying on Page When Using SidebarStore Logo Shortcode
11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Help! Plugin Error Message Displaying on Page When Using SidebarStore Logo Shortcode
Help! Plugin Error Message Displaying on Page When Using Store Logo Shortcode in Sidebar and Header as instructed in the introduction video. I tried updating the OIP Live PLugin and it does not resolve the problem. The same problem occurs for any image related Shortcode and only disappears for non-image shortcode like store_list

but for logos it shows up as:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'fluid' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_keyword.php on line 45

Warning: Illegal string offset 'keyword' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_keyword.php on line 46

Warning: Illegal string offset 'num' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_keyword.php on line 47

Warning: Illegal string offset 'size' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_keyword.php on line 48
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2016, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2016 01:09 PM by icodes.)
RE: Help! Plugin Error Message Displaying on Page When Using SidebarStore Logo Shortcode
Can you give me an example of an exact shortcode you are using as I cannot replicate the error.

On the live site http://www.floweroffers.co.uk it is using the following shortcodes in the Homepage Header without any errors.

Code:
[store_logo_codes num="8"]

[amazon_images_keyword keyword="flowers" num="8"]

The theme is iCodes Live Version: 3.3
The plugin is OiP-Live - Official iCodes Plugin (live version) Version 3.9
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Help! Plugin Error Message Displaying on Page When Using SidebarStore Logo Shortcode
For these Versions:
Plugin >> http://uploads.icodes.co.uk/OiP_Live.zip (v3.9)
Theme >> http://uploads.icodes.co.uk/icodes_live.zip (v3.3)

I was using these two short codes which I saw in the tutorial generate the following errors and attached screen shots (unable to attach should I PM them to you?):

(Also do you know how to modify the auto-generated page name strings so they use predefined keywords like Clipper does in settings? This would be better for SEO than random string search words in the permalink)

1) [store_logos]

=> Generates these errors:
Warning: Illegal string offset 'fluid' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/store_logos.php on line 25

Warning: Illegal string offset 'num' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/store_logos.php on line 26

Warning: Illegal string offset 'size' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/store_logos.php on line 27

2) [amazon_images_asin]

Warning: Illegal string offset 'asin' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_asin.php on line 14

Warning: Illegal string offset 'size' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_asin.php on line 15
11-30-2016, 01:38 AM
I am also wondering in order to use the feed for more than one website where the affiliate programs require a separate identifier for each website how can we accommodate this from the same icode feed? Is it possible to integrate multiple site feed affiliate ID's in the iCodes Dashboard so that we do not need to setup a new accunt and reinput all the merchant names each time? Thank You!
11-30-2016, 02:16 PM
A single subscription is limited to a single affiliate ID per network, so if you want multiple IDs then you will need multiple subscription, however very few people get different IDs for different sites and they use the same IDs on all sites (ours are used on hundreds of sites)

There simply isn't enough time for most affiliates to re-apply to the same merchants for each and every site they own, it's a massive job doing for a single sites.

The only way to use a single subscription with multiple sites using multiple IDs is to swap the IDs at your end using coding, just search replace the IDs in the links for the new IDs.
11-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Got it I was thinking that as well hope it won't affect the feed updates to the other sites though unless I am assuming you mean to rotate affiliate IDs and then hit "update" each time before swapping them out?

Also about those errors:

For these Versions:
Plugin >> http://uploads.icodes.co.uk/OiP_Live.zip (v3.9)
Theme >> http://uploads.icodes.co.uk/icodes_live.zip (v3.3)

I was using these two short codes which I saw in the tutorial generate the following errors and attached screen shots (unable to attach should I PM them to you?):

(Also do you know how to modify the auto-generated page name strings so they use predefined keywords like Clipper does in settings? This would be better for SEO than random string search words in the permalink)

1) [store_logos]

Warning: Illegal string offset 'fluid' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/store_logos.php on line 25

Warning: Illegal string offset 'num' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/store_logos.php on line 26

Warning: Illegal string offset 'size' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/store_logos.php on line 27

2) [amazon_images_asin]

Warning: Illegal string offset 'asin' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_asin.php on line 14

Warning: Illegal string offset 'size' in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas16_data01/23/3724523/html/wp-content/plugins/OiP_Live/amazon_images_asin.php on line 15
11-30-2016, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2016 07:24 PM by icodes.)
I've re-downloaded and re-installed the OiP Plugin and theme just to make sure I had the same files as you and tested both those shortcodes without any issues.

The only difference is the server, so all I can assume is there is some setting on your server that isn't liking those shortcodes. You could ask your hosting to turn off warnings, as that's all they are, they are not errors as such, however i'll ask the coder to take a look, but without the warnings appearing here it's not going to be easy to fix.

I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to modify the auto generated page names.
You could rotate the IDs for each site import I suppose, but I wasn't meaning that.