Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium feed addon idea
12-13-2016, 01:50 AM
RE: Premium feed addon idea
I spent ages on it today, went through all my emails. And only found two offers to be accepted. I gave up in the end. It looks as though it won't accept a product even though they were offers sent by agencies.

All the offers that I have added have come from emails, it worries me a little about copyright issues.

Barbara
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2016, 03:41 AM
ok had a first stab - looks good

will have a go at more if these are OK
12-13-2016, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 12:35 PM by icodes.)
Barbara, they are clearly not offers then if they don't contain a single offer related term. If you believed they are offers then why not do as I said and post here to show the offer keyword which is not included in our filters, and then I'll include it.

It's odd how you can't find any offers yet someone else is adding 50 deals per day and not yet had a single offer blocked??

Andrew, yeah those are fine and clearly offers as they include offer keywords such as save,%,off etc.
Here are our offer keyword terms, so if your 'offer' doesn't contain atleast one of these in the description then it is blocked.

Code:
'sale','deal',' off','discount','half','1/2','free','save','clearance','%','offer','was £','now £','saving','promo','drop','markdown','reduc','2 for','3 for ','match','cheap'

All I can think of that wouldn't pass the filers is something like..

"Get 2 DVDs for £10",..

. but using a bit of common sense I would change it to "Save by getting 2 DVDs for £10". (if you are actually saving by getting 2 DVDs), if not then it's not an offer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2016, 02:51 PM
To be honest, I tried to add the offers that Andrew added, and they wouldn't go on. I saw your Ebay and Amazon and couldn't see why mine were so different. I went to a lot of trouble to add brand keywords that were included in the Sale and yes, I added 'offer' keywords. There must have been something wrong with my laptop, firefox, can be strange at times.

In the early hours of this morning, I found the emails that I had tried to add, I added 'One Garden' on Chrome, they went on fine.

I have added thousands of offers in the past and know when an offer is an offer. I will try again now, please let me know if they are OK.

Barbara
12-13-2016, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 03:31 PM by icodes.)
Yeah, that must be it, I can't honestly see how it would block it if an offer was actually described in the description field. Vince is working on the 'add offer' form at the moment to add the ability to 'Edit, Encode, Decode and Test Link' from that page, so you may see it not work from time to time until its complete.

We have changed the Amazon and eBay product offers tool to go in as Manual now (because nobody added them to the standard feed anyway), however we will be limiting the amount anyone can add to a single merchant so they don't fill the entire feed with them, this would just be unfair on those spending time sourcing and adding offers 1 by 1 to a wide selection of merchants.

The option to encode or decode links is going to be added because currently if you grab an already encoded url from an email and paste it into iCodes it will encode an already encoded link so making it not work. (somehow one of your links was encoded 4 times, no idea how that came about)
12-13-2016, 03:53 PM
So I'm not sacked! lol

Barbara
12-13-2016, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 04:03 PM by icodes.)
lol, Not yet, the punishment is to not sack you :-)
12-13-2016, 04:48 PM
ha ha - that was quite funny
12-13-2016, 05:38 PM
The 'add offer' page has been updated..

Once you add and submit an offer you can either

'Add Another Offer' - (this blanks the form but keeps the current merchant selected)
'Update' - (this updates any changes you have made to the current offer)
'Encode' - (this encodes the deeplink and updates with changes)
'Decode' - (this decodes an encoded deeplink and updates with changes)
'Test Link' - (this allows you to test the built affiliate link)
12-14-2016, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2016 12:41 PM by icodes.)
Just to point out.. (to answer a PM in public)... Just like the deals the merchants enter into the networks feeds, the expiry dates on OFFERS are an educated guess, even the merchants don't have a clue when their own 'deals' actually expire, they are usually relisted again and again, or run out of stock well before the expiry date given.

Dynamically updated sales/clearance pages usually stay on the merchants sites all the time (they are part of the merchants website), and so its extremely acceptable to give these as much as a year so not to keep re-adding them each month or so.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should list an offer more than a month for the sole purpose of getting more deals listed, because you will be paid for the offers you have added in the last 30 days, so the total amount of live offers after a month is irrelevant.

Big VC sites pay staff thousands a month to manually source offers, they too either guess at expiry dates of offers, or list them as expiry unknown (and so stay on the site for ever).. all our sourced deals have educated guessed expiry dates so will not stay live on your sites for ever.

But YES some deals will show as expired when infact still live, and YES some deals will show as still live when expired. It certainly isn't a valid reason to dismiss the premium feed as something someone will not purchase simply because nobody on the planet can give exact expiry dates on offers.

If it becomes an issue offers being given too long expiry dates it's a simple case of us coding it so no offer last longer than a month.

The ONLY reason subscribers won't purchase the feed is if they cannot justify the price due to the amount of offers going in the feeds, if this happens we will just lower the price until we get more feeders who can actually put effort in.