Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium feed addon idea
11-26-2016, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 03:24 AM by ideal123.)
RE: Premium feed addon idea
(11-25-2016 10:08 AM)icodes Wrote:  Would anyone be interested in earning money being a 'feeder' :-)

At the moment icodes just includes deals from Network deals feeds only, however a fair few deals never make it to network feeds, and so not included in our feeds.

So here comes the idea...

We give the option of a seperate addon subscription to a Premium Feed, once subscribed the deals from the premium feed will be added to their standard icodes feed.

A feeder will be a person who helps add these deals to the premium feed, you can get them from emails, top vc sites, merchants own sites, and we will get them from merchant feeds such as "groupon" (which is currently in standard but will be moved to premium as it's not a network deals feed)

The cost of the premium feed is yet to be discussed, but I'm thinking of around £150 per month if we can make it good and complete enough.

Payment for the feeder..

The feeder will be paid a percentage of the total amount of subscriptions we get, so the more subscribers, then more you will earn. (Plus a free subcription to the premium feed)

To get started we are looking for 2 trusted feeders, and the subscriptions will be split an equal 3 ways between us and the two feeders.

So if we get 100 subscribers that's £15k a month split between 3 feeders.

Please state your interest below. :-)

I will definitely like to be part of this, I think it is a fantastic idea. I suggested something similar two years ago but I got a cold response. Yes from me count me in.

I will definitely like to be part of this, I think it is a fantastic idea. I suggested something similar two years ago but I got a cold response. Yes from me count me in and let me know the details and when it will start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2016, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 12:23 PM by icodes.)
Haha, sorry if there was any cold response, probably due to all the issues we had over many years trying to crowd source offers, only to end up with countless hours of wasted time in coding different ways to try and keep everyone happy while doing it.

The old method was hoping that everyone would get together to find a few offers each, but all benefiting from the total amount of offers added. (It failed because only a few joined in, but everyone wanted them, and those adding were the ones with least traffic so not benefiting as much as those not adding)

This new method will attract those who would most benefit from the extra offers, and so pay the users who are adding them, so win win at both ends.

Realistically it probably won't go live for a few months yet as all our time at the moment is taken up with tidying and categorising the extra Black Friday deals and Christmas deals, plus a few other coding issues to sort out.

At the moment we are getting plenty of interests from feeders, but none yet from potential subscribers, but I'm sure this is because they need to see exactly what they will be misssing out on first. :-) (bit of a catch 22 I suppose, but if the worst comes to the worst the feeders will still benefit from their own work by having sole access to the premium feeds at no fiinancial costs, so there really is nothing to lose at all)

When icodes first started in 2008 it was a deals crowd sourcing platform only, so your subscription just got you access to the he platform, it was before most networks had deals feeds.

As the deals built up we got more subscribers, but the new subscribers didn't do anything, they just leached off the work the others were doing until the others got fed up and eventually stopped adding.

Luckily networks started to produce deals feeds which we imported, but they still needed tidying, but this could be done easily enough with by me and Vincent and a handful of selfless volunteers.. who to this day still help out when they can :-)

So the crowd sourced offers stopped and got replaced by network feed only offers..

Now we are wanting to add crowd sourced offers as an optional paid addon only.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-27-2016, 07:54 AM
Ok, I don't think this is exactly true - '' At the moment we are getting plenty of interests from feeders, but none yet from potential subscribers'' -

I am a subscriber but when I tried to use my subscription to respond to this article it would not work so I had to register to have a word in.

As you said that was exactly was said about why the old initiatives did not work. Hence, coming up with this now will re-invigorate the process and I will not be feeding only if I am selected as a feeder, I will be 1st to subscribe as soon as it goes live.

I think there is a lot this will bring on the table when it happens to the benefit of everyone but there is a need to come up with a good plan of action so the old failure does not repeat.
11-27-2016, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2016 11:49 AM by icodes.)
The forum registration is not linked to the icodes registrations so will require you to register.

What I meant was at the moment we appear to be getting interest from people wanting to become feeders, but as yet nobody has shown interest in paying for the premium subscription, but I'm hoping this is because the ones that will be paying will be the bigger affiliates which are the type who generally don't post on forums, or simply waiting to see what the feed will be like.
11-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Hi Lee, just back from holiday. Seems a reasonable idea but I suppose much will depend on the number/quality of offers and whether or not there are images with an appropriate title/alt. Will of course take time to build up as potential subscribers undoubtedly will have existing arrangements and before making any changes they would want to compare what they currently have against what iCodes are offering. The US market would appear to provide a fantastic opportunity.
11-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Hi Ian, hope you had a nice holiday :-), yeah I agree, it will all boil down to the quality and quantity of the offers, and both in the past was an issue for some.

If they user is already subscribed to the standard feeds then they wouldn't have to make any changes, they premium subscription offers would just be added to their existing feeds.
11-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Hi Lee, holiday was different but good. We booked St Blanes House on the island of Bute for a week – a former hotel which sleeps 25. Weather was great but cold. About 6 weeks ago St Blanes was included in the Sunday Times list of top UK Party Pads and we invited some family and friends to join us and basically chilled out.
11-27-2016, 06:54 PM
That's exactly what I need I think :-)

Was chilling out in the bath then picked up iPad to see if any offers needed tidying in the US.. 1300+ arghhh.. (been like it all week with Black Friday.. now Cyber Monday)
12-01-2016, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 04:45 PM by icodes.)
We are starting to code this from today, and it's expected to go live next month.. January 2017

At the moment if you add manual offers (not codes) they will only go in your feeds, so to ensure there will be an acceptable amount of offers ready for when it goes live we are asking that anyone who is interested please start adding offers asap.

When it goes live we will select those to be feeders based on quality and quantity of offers added, and those offers will be added to the premium feeds.

We will make public the amount of subscribers, feeders, money paid in total and amount each feeder should expect to receive for that month.

Below are a few DO NOTs to remember :-)

Do not include any affiliate links (we add these automatically)
Do not include any links containing session id's (clean links are required to ensure they work)
Do not include any html anywhere. (invisible line breaks are inserted automatically)
Do not submit any duplicate offers (you can see current live offers by scrolling to the bottom)
Do not duplicate the title and description
Do not include the merchant name in the title
Do not include expiry dates in the descriptions
12-01-2016, 05:18 PM
cheers Lee