Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium feed addon idea
01-04-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Premium feed addon idea
A question, does iCodes have the ability to monitor the actual number of manually sourced offers added to the feed of each subscriber to the Premium feed. Why I’m asking is that it is obvious that the number of manually sourced offers in any particularly subscribers feed would be dependent on both the number of merchants a subscriber was affiliated to and who the merchants actually were and if the number of offers fell short of 1000 it could make sense (to encourage more people to sign up for the service) for iCodes to consider some sort of rebate say on a six monthly or annual basis.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 08:24 PM
We don't currently have the ability to know the number of manually sourced offers each subscriber has in their feeds based on the amount of merchants they have set as joined.. but I should think its possible with a few lines of code, however what you are saying just boils down to the overall price of the addon feed.

We don't think price isn't an issue, we think the issue is the lack of offers being added by anyone. (which is no shock)

Apart from that it would be far too complicated to work out a rebate based on the amount of merchants anyone has had joined at any point in the past six months.. even if we did that, how do we get the money back paid out to feeders for adding these offers which some users have not imported.

At the end of the day a subscription is a subscription, you wouldn't get any money back from Sky if you didn't watch all their available TV shows, or O2 if you didn't use all your call time, but you could go on a lesser subscription just like you can here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Would it be possible to have the multiple form back? I understand the reason for deleting it but I find it difficult to know where I am up to..

Barbara
01-04-2017, 10:51 PM
We didn't keep a backup of the file, we wouldn't have wanted it back on anyway as it would just bypass all the safety nets we have coded into the single offer adding form and it would have been too complex to make it do the same for multiple offer adding.
01-04-2017, 11:42 PM
It's OK, just a thing that comes with age..

Barbara
01-06-2017, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 12:05 AM by shrewdie.)
(01-04-2017 08:24 PM)icodes Wrote:  We don't currently have the ability to know the number of manually sourced offers each subscriber has in their feeds based on the amount of merchants they have set as joined.. but I should think its possible with a few lines of code, however what you are saying just boils down to the overall price of the addon feed.

We don't think price isn't an issue, we think the issue is the lack of offers being added by anyone. (which is no shock)

Apart from that it would be far too complicated to work out a rebate based on the amount of merchants anyone has had joined at any point in the past six months.. even if we did that, how do we get the money back paid out to feeders for adding these offers which some users have not imported.

At the end of the day a subscription is a subscription, you wouldn't get any money back from Sky if you didn't watch all their available TV shows, or O2 if you didn't use all your call time, but you could go on a lesser subscription just like you can here.

Lee if you “don't currently have the ability to know the number of manually sourced offers each subscriber has in their feeds” I don’t understand why you can legally promote your offer of “Get over 1000 manually sourced offers each month added to your feeds”. You may have a different view but if it is possible to change that with a few lines of code you might want to consider rather than a rebate, simply charging for the number of manually sourced offers in any subscribers feed. That just might allow you to attract a large number of subscribers and would certainly help you further differentiate iCodes from other competitors.
01-06-2017, 12:28 AM
We obviously know the total amount of manually sourced offers we have.. and thats guaranteed over 1000 per month, but it's down right common sense that if you only joined 1 merchant you are not going to get all 1000 of the offers???

All the 1000+ offers each month are made available if you want them, so what you going to do?, choose not to import them all then sue us for not getting 1000 extra offers?

My phone contract states I get 2gb of data per month.. but I don't get 2gb because i only choose to use 1gb, so is o2 ripping me off?
01-06-2017, 05:28 PM
(01-06-2017 12:28 AM)icodes Wrote:  My phone contract states I get 2gb of data per month.. but I don't get 2gb because i only choose to use 1gb, so is o2 ripping me off?

No but you should consider changing to a 1gb contract lol
01-06-2017, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 08:24 PM by icodes.)
It's no cheaper, i've absolutely no idea how much I use, but I don't use the 2gb thats for sure, it was part of the £10 per month deal, unlimited text, unlimited calls, 2gb of data.

Just like it's no cheaper if you import less than 1000 offers, and no cheaper if you watch 1 netflix show a day or 20, the fact is if you want to watch them all you can do.
01-07-2017, 05:39 PM
I pay £20 a month to 3 for unlimited texts/calls and get 30gb data