Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error Messages
05-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Error Messages
Hi

I'm getting error messages (Screenshot attached)

Wordpress 4.5.2
OiP plugin
icodes template (Some coding has been changed, but only to do with design)
Other plugins
Add meta tags
Mailpoet Newsletters
Strictly Google Sitemaps
wBounce
Wordfence Security

All plugins are up to date.

If I deactivate all the plugins, I still get the error messages. When I enable wBounce the wordpress header disappears.

I dont know if this is a plugin, template or wordpress problem.

Any pointers where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Error Messages
Screenshot doesn't appear to be attached so cannot see the error message.

Has it just happened after upgrading the latest plugin version?

Are you running OiP Simple v6.7 and iCodes Theme v3.8
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Hi

I'm just going to set up a fresh install of wordpress with icodes and OiP, no extra plugins before I ask for any further help on this. I have had lots of problems with my new server and need to rule out a few things. Thanks for the reply.

Just going off this subject can you explain the difference between Webservices v2 Requests and Webservices v2 Full Requests, also I have 2 sites with identical setups, plugins, design and cron set exactly the same, one on US and one on UK, I noticed today that the UK site has gone way over the 24000 request limit, and the other is just over 10000, just wondering what would cause this.

Thanks

Mike
05-11-2016, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 10:36 PM by icodes.)
A FULL request is the entire feed in a single page feed, the other is PAGED requests which is split up into a max of 50 results per page.

24,000 requests can easily be achieved if you have a busy site using the feeds live, especially when a site is constantly spidered by search engines and spam bots, on full paid accounts there is no limit to the amount paged requests.
05-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully the screenshot is attached this time. This is a brand new install on a website I've done nothing with at the minute.

Wordpress, icodes template and plugin all up to date.

Just to enhance on what I asked originally. I am having trouble with plugins not working correctly. I have one that should insert microdata and one with a simple back to top but these don't work. If I use one called wbounce the wordpress header disappears.

The question is could this be a template problem or something else.

Any pointers would be great

Mike

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-12-2016, 06:09 PM
So just to clarify, the actual icodes theme appears to be working fine, but is causing other plugins not to function correctly? (if its still not working with no other plugins installed then it must be a compatibility issue with your server.. however still a theme issue)

If this is the case then it's almost certainly an issue with our theme as i've also noticed some plugins crash when using it with our theme, but work perfectly with other themes.

I think it has something to do with the header coding because I noticed it when it was updated to include the "wordpress admin header"... will ask Vince to take a look.
05-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi

As I mentioned I have had problems with my server swo it's something I'm looking at.

I just turned on debugging in wordpress and this was the output.

Notice: Undefined index: post_id in /var/www/vhosts/thechineseconnection.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/icodes/header.php on line 3 Notice: Undefined index: icid in /var/www/vhosts/thechineseconnection.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/icodes/header.php on line 4 Notice: Undefined index: s in /var/www/vhosts/thechineseconnection.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/icodes/header.php on line 7 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/thechineseconnection.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/icodes/header.php on line 11 Notice: Undefined variable: logoSize in /var/www/vhosts/thechineseconnection.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/icodes/header.php on line 81 Notice: Undefined variable: shadow in /var/www/vhosts/thechineseconnection.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/icodes/header.php on line 83

Thanks

Mike
05-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Hi

Just wondering if you've managed to look at the coding in the template yet.

I've checked the best I can and can't find anything else that might be causing the errors.

Thanks

Mike
05-22-2016, 01:05 PM
We looked at the coding and could not find anything obviously wrong, the line numbers shown in the errors above have no resemblance to what the line in the coding actually does.
05-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Hi

If wordpress thinks there is something wrong, I assume it would report an error. If the errors don't have any resemblance to what the line in the coding actually does, is this possibly a wordpress fault that I should take to them or maybe the makers of the plugins I would like to use.

The frontend works as it should and to the general public they wouldn't see a fault, but I would like to run enhancements, mainly for search engines that I don't seem to get to work with the template.

Mike