Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vouchercodes.co.uk
02-15-2016, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2016 06:18 PM by icodes.)
Vouchercodes.co.uk
An agency contacted me regarding a drop in sales for their Merchant, we have a generic code AFF5 (5% off), i did a google search and saw Vouchercodes.co.uk had AFF9 (9% Off).

I pointed this out to them and said maybe visitors are using the 9% off code from voucherodes.co.uk, however it turns out that AFF9 isn't a legit code and the agency keep having to ask them to take down false codes.

It's all good and well but, these false codes are still overwriting everyone elses cookies.. but does this merchant punish them by rejecting them as an affiliate?.. nope, they give them a 7% Exclusive code instead because they are their best affiliate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Vouchercodes.co.uk
why does that surprise you?
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Well it doesn't really, must happen a lot, first actual code I checked on the vouchercodes.co.uk site is a false code, yet merchant bend over backwards to work with them.

I wonder how well a site would do if you just auto generated codes for all merchants, I bet it would do well for unique content in google so rank better, plus drop loads of cookies, and if it made enough money networks would turn a blind eye.
02-15-2016, 11:15 PM
a lot better than legit ones
02-16-2016, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2016 10:52 AM by codesandoffers.)
[quote]An agency contacted me regarding a drop in sales for their Merchant, we have a generic code AFF5 (5% off)[quote]

It's time for we (as icodes) take action! It proves that icodes is a leading player and if the agencies continue to act in the way they do, we should boycott that merchant.

Someone needs to speak to Webgains, too and ask them not to put them in the feed, I catch most but it makes me wonder why we bother.

Going back to Micks Garage, usually they have a load of codes on the first day of the month, in February there was one (AFF5) 5% off.. The Agency need to look elsewhere for fault.
02-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Today's Pending Codes contained one for Hello Fresh through Affiliate Window was 50% Off exclusive to myvouchercodes with a expiry date of 12 months.
02-24-2016, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 10:35 PM by icodes.)
They must be brain dead putting exclusive codes in a generic affiliate feed. Can you remember when a U.S. Network did that and retailmenot actually managed to get us knocked offline by sending our hosts a cease and desist to get the code removed, instead of emailing us.. Bloody idiots.