Groupon import?
02-09-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Groupon import?
Looking forward to it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Because the unique IDs in this new feed are different to the old feed it will mean that the current 6000+ groupon deals still live in our database (which will just about all be expired by next month) will be duplicated.. There is nothing we can do about that.

Lee
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2016, 12:15 PM
doubt that matters much
02-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Think i'll probably delete them from our database so any future imports don't import the old duplicates, ie those who are just starting, or those who delete and re-import.
02-09-2016, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 01:24 PM by daniel12.)
It sounds good, I will send more filtered links like 'jewellery and watches' they would be useful for niche sites. I can send 'hotels' a filter of travel.
Travel, Local and Goods are 'Top Categories'
Obviously you will be able to choose what you want.
02-09-2016, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 01:29 PM by icodes.)
Already got Jewellery and Watches.

Not really wanting to filter Travel, although we have sub categories of travel in our UK feeds (flight, hotels etc), it's something we are wanting to get rid of, the reason being it's difficult enough to manually categorise network feeds into standardized top level categories without going into sub categories also.

If all feeds were like groupons then categorization could be automated, but network feeds are all over the place.
02-09-2016, 03:01 PM
The following have been imported..

Jewellery and Watches
Travel
Home and Garden
Goods

That contains a total of 1789 Deals.

We haven't yet imported Local, do those need importing?
02-09-2016, 03:11 PM
They look good, I think you definitely need local, goods and travel, they are the top categories. The jewellery and watches is a filter that I added for Valentine's Day. I sent the major cities Manchester etc. there are about 2500 of each but can be imported at 500 a time, giving you control of how many you want.
02-09-2016, 03:19 PM
knowing these lot they will want them all, even if 1 or 2 are missing out of 10,000 there is an absolute uproar lol
02-09-2016, 03:31 PM
I agree but the ones I sent, is only a small fraction of how many deals there are. I only did 4 major cities, you have to take weight into account. There are about 60 major divisions. The V2 version is better, you don't get the repeated deals for each division.