Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Groupon import?
02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Groupon import?
I will see what the score is on version one, if it's gone, I should be able to help through your support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks Daniel that would be a great help
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2016, 01:54 PM
any update on the Groupon feeds?
02-08-2016, 02:05 PM
No, will update here when there is, waiting to see what Daniel can find out about the feed we have been using for years.
02-08-2016, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 04:57 PM by daniel12.)
There's been no reply from Groupon, the links don't work from their affiliate site either, it looks as though the feed has been deleted, but that's just guesswork. Tradedoubler need to be spoken to but it doesn't look as though it will be easy to change over to the newer feed, basically you will have a 'wowcher' situation with tracking at both ends of the URL.
02-08-2016, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 05:20 PM by icodes.)
With the old feed it was just a matter of prepending the TD tracking link to the link supplied in the Groupon API, isn't this the case with the new API because basically all we need is the merchants target page and TD sorts out the tracking.
02-08-2016, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 05:29 PM by wizardpc.)
Is it worth contacting TD support?

The A4U forum is back up too so thats an option as well.
02-08-2016, 05:43 PM
You need to be joined to Groupon to obtain the feed, that's probably why TD haven't got one (feed). Version One didn't need a media tracking, that's the feed both Awin and icodes used. TD have used version one through icodes until now. The V2 feed needs a tracking token and media tracking. TD's won't work without your feed.

Obviously, the feed may just be broken but I would guess that it's why Awin and Groupon parted company, but you need to speak to TD.
02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
V1 has only been broken since the 4th of this month, Groupon just reject us when we sign up to their partner program.

It's not looking good at all.

Lee
02-08-2016, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 06:24 PM by wizardpc.)
why would you not be able to get the feed from TD? You can use just use my details to get the feed from Groupon if you wish
I doubt that had anything to do with AWIN and Groupon parting company