Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Living Social UK
02-22-2016, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 12:28 PM by codesandoffers.)
Living Social UK
Can someone check the Living Social UK feed, it appears to be empty. (no title showing in the window) I'm not sure, but I think it's possible that the title has moved to another column. Again, I'm not sure, it may not have been working since 6th December.

This is just a comment, too much emphasis is made on tracking, when there are other reasons. Users should be aware that they need to check all possibilities and check their sites. Awin make all sorts of 'improvements' at their end but fail to let the most important persons to know, the affiliate! Worse still now that the Networks have hidden!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2016, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 02:16 PM by icodes.)
RE: Living Social UK
Looking at the offer which has imported it appears more than just the title has altered.

Title was - mpn
Description was (maybe still is) - product_name + "This deal is available in" + city

So looks like mpn and city are now blank.

Looks like all the 260+ living social deals we do have in are all expired on the living social site, so much for their expiry dates, to be honest i'm sick to death of these AW product feeds, they are nothing but junk.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Thanks for looking, in my honest opinion, it would be better to ditch Living Social, I believe they are rogue and don't want them near my sites.
02-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Its fixed now anyway
02-22-2016, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 03:53 PM by codesandoffers.)
OK, I just reject them.. I was actually only pointing it out because I saw it happen.. by the way, they look ok.. Smile
04-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Just for Information..
Living Social feed has changed today, they are now on the wowcher platform. I think both Living Social and Wowcher need the extra cookie information on the end of the deeplink.
04-02-2016, 05:28 PM
I thought it's already been confirmed by awin on the perfomancein forum that affiliates should never have to use anything other than a standard tracking link, any extra requirements are handled by awin.
04-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Don't know, but it's definitely a new feed for Living Social.
04-02-2016, 06:26 PM
They seem to have imported today ok?
04-02-2016, 06:46 PM
They are both there today, I think you have until the 8th April to change.. I don't know what the actual difference is..
Quote: The biggest change is that we will be switching over to the new platform the first calendar week of April which has implications for your deals feed. LivingSocial UK + IE deals will no longer use GoldenFeeds or the current feed that you’ve recently switched to. We recognise that you’ve recently made a switch to this new feed and do apologise for the additional work and ask you to be patient with us during this transition phase. Rest assured that the feed that you will be transitioning to the first week of April will be the last feed transition. We will be transitioning to a new feed that is the same format as Wowcher’s current feed, which can be found here for an example format: http://www.wowcher.co.uk/affiliate/open-deals.xml. We will be able to provide the actual product feed link closer to the date, and will communicate with you at such time, but all affiliates need to start using the new feed by April 8th, as the old feed will be deprecated. When the new feed is available, we will send another newsletter with further instructions on how to implement these changes if you’re unsure.